Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Halloween

Halloween this year was full of parties. On the Saturday before I had Besters over. We had lots of Halloween themed foods and treats. I set up another treasure hunt for them to find a witches brew she left behind. Then I had a little spook alley where we made a witches brew out of creepy things (peeled grapes=goblins eyes), which was a little too scary for them. It was tonnes of fun though. On Monday for FHE we had a bunch of friends from our ward come over all dressed up. Again, we had lots of creepy food (mummy dogs and snake stromboli). We then had a mummy wrapping competition. Everyone loved it.

For costumes, our family went as characters from 'Bob the Builder'. Tanner was Bob, Hattie was the cat Pilchard, I was Wendy, and Larry was Farmer Pickles. Pitty we didn't get a family picture. Tanner loved trick-or-treating. I took him out around the block and it took hours. At first he would stop and look at all the other kids. Then he would knock on the door and talk to the person at the door for several minutes. It was so funny. Near the end when there were more kids out and he had gotten the hang of it, he would race kids to the door so he could be the first to knock. It was so funny watching him waddle up the sidewalk and up the stairs as fast as he could pushing past everyone. He sure thought he was pretty smart and cool.


























No comments:

Post a Comment